My photo
Chelsea has been working seasonally at a local farm stand for the last seven years. Freshly out of college, she's back at The Farm for another year.

29 May 2009

Watery Evening

What happens when the water shuts off for an unknown reason right before closing? Well, you can't mop or wash the scoops. Who do you call when all the bosses are at a get together? Me of course!

I didn't work today, couldn't in fact, but I always make sure to tell the girls I work with to "call me if you need me!" And, though I wasn't working, I did manage to stop down at the farm to taste-test the new Low Fat ice-cream sandwiches we got in (130 calories, 2gr of fat) and I will tell you that they are delicious. I expect them to sell well. Where was I... oh yes... so when the water went off after the girls got 2 teams and their families I received a phone call (right when I was about to update this, I might add). Since it was nearly 9pm I decided to take Lucy, my dog, for a ride to the farm stand and see if we couldn't fix the issue.

Well, I couldn't fix it. Rather than call the boys and tear them away from their first party of the whole season I found a way to work around the problem. Greenhouses have hoses. Those hoses worked just fine! The mop bucket problem was solved and the scoops were treated to a lovely bath in Dasani bottled water. Good use of a dollar.

There was a water main break in town earlier today and since my home's water pressure was affected earlier in the day I figured that perhaps the farm's was too. (I live nearby the farm so it's not entirely improbable.)

And there you have it!
I did take a couple pictures of one of my activites the other day. To be impressive I'll call it a beautification project that I worked on for two days. Once I find my uploady cord I put those pics on the interblog and share them with you.

So you know, tomorrow's weather ought to be a high of 77*, low of 51* with a 30% chance of rain. Otherwise it'll be partly cloudy. I thought May was for flowers and April was for the showers!?

-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment