My photo
Chelsea has been working seasonally at a local farm stand for the last seven years. Freshly out of college, she's back at The Farm for another year.

05 June 2009

Somewhere Beyond the Sea...

Today we started at Springfield's Tower Square Market. Apparently the boys have been wanting to do this market for a while and a spot finally opened up. This was our first day and not knowing what to expect, we brought produce, hangers, 4 1/2" geraniums, larger geraniums, etc. Um... we rocked.

It's only a three hour market, nonetheless we were happy with the turnout. Sold out of strawberries very quickly and went through a few boxes of hot house tomatoes. Both bosses and I worked our little area and chit-chatted with a variety of people. It was fun to hang out with them on what they felt qualified as a "day off."

Not to worry, I've got pictures that I plan to upload this weekend. My favorite is of one of my bosses sitting under a tree like a little kid (with his trademark Dunkin Donuts coffee).

My feelings today - glee, happiness, appreciation, and general gratitude. I was smiling the whole time. Between noon and 1:30pm there is music. Hopefully it will be the same guy each week (June-Sept). Today he sang some Elvis, Neil Diamond, and Bobby Darin. EVERYONE was singing under their breath and all I wanted to do was just dance around. I couldn't stop grinning. Oh! And, seeing as I was wearing our business shirt and my bosses are camera shy, I had my picture taken for the market's website. When I find it, I'll post a link.

And that's all.

Tomorrow's Weather: High of 78*, partly cloudy. Low of 47*. If you plan to come to Avocado St Farmer's Market, wear sunscreen! If you're fair skinned, like me, you will surely get burned as I did last week. Um... ouch! Please find me and say 'hello.'

Love and be loved, Readers.

-Chelsea

1 comment:

  1. Joy just spills out of this post...you are very blessed indeed. :)

    ReplyDelete